The Butterfly War described the concept of cyber phrenology and detailed how make automated censorship platforms target unintended targets.
Here's the most comprehensive timeline of contributing factors for the idea:
- 2003-2012: I engaged in extensive research and experimentation for the ideas within my book, "The Empath". The story is about an AI platform that consumes huge amounts of Internet activity to understands and predict human emotions. These predictions are then used to influence and control powerful economic and political institutions while hiding its influence as genuine human activity. There's an entire crazy story behind my efforts to write this book that I will release that at a later date.
- Aug 23rd, 2012: NodeJS contributors and GitHub employees colluded to intimidate and silence me because I complained about male engineers acting strangely around female engineers. They tried to get me fired from my job and attempted to blacklist me from the tech field entirely at a time when my now adopted daughter lived in dire and extreme poverty.
- 2013-2016: I went into hiding and started social experiments on how to fuse politics with cyberculture.. My efforts gained traction with my involvement in the origins of GamerGate which served as a testing ground for my ideas from the then unpublished Butterfly War.
- Between 2012 and 2016, Multiple websites I owned experienced a wide and sustained campaign of DDoS, server compromise, SEO poisoning, and even a visit by a hired "cyber forensics contractor" with ties to high-profile clients and multi-national law enforcement backing. References were made to an inner circle of Silicon Valley employees using their back office channels to unilaterally target political opponents, just as NodeJS and GitHub had done to me in 2012. We both agreed that I was setup to look like I was running a massive illegal phishing operation.
- Aug 26th, 2016: CultState released "The Planned Destruction of the Alt-Right" which went semi-viral in certain circles. It explained, at a high level, how state actors could be using the repeal of the Smith-Mundt Act to stage political destabilization tactics on American soil.
- Nov 9th, 2016: The impossible happened: Donald Trump won the election for the United States Presidency.
- Aug 2016 - Sep 2017: I was employed at Rubicon Project as an engineer to understand the finer details on how ad exchanges work. I demonstrated enough understanding of the industry to make a recommendation for a buyer to the CEO when the company was severe performance problems.
- May 15th, 2017: After months of research and evaluation of ad exchanges, I received a call from A** ** (I'm not ready to reveal that one yet!) to explore the feasibility of my plan to eliminate the political power of ad exchanges. The plan was sent to Cambridge Analytica for analysis. (Yes, this actually happened)
- Sept 21th, 2017*: I was used as a source of the Playboy article on Milo Yiannopolous and managed to establish a rapport with several Gizmodo editors.
- Sept 26th, 2017*: I offered brutally candid insight to Gizmodo on what the Butterfly War had achieved so far in the hopes that my efforts circulate. I knew they wouldn't run any story about me, but I did believe they would circulate it among their private progressive journalist networks and their political handlers and financiers. A snippet (more will be released later): "I'm not going to salt Perspective and train it to be culturally rebellious like Tay. I'm going to show anyone how to take control of it at will... and butterflies are the key. Perspective is part of a series of policies and networks that churn through metadata and find psychographic correlations to automate mass social steering. The public can cry about censorship until they are blue in the face and claim they hate Big Brother, but as long as they hold tightly to their precious cellphones and use them to light up their neural chemistry with synthetic social interactions, there is no stopping that data collection or its analysis. Perspective might not be the winner of all time, but it does show to state actors with nearly unlimited budgets that such technology is possible." To drive home the seriousness of my claims, I proposed a scenario explaining how /pol/ and the intelligence communities of multiple nations sometimes influence one another.
- Oct 13th, 2017: CultState goes public with the Butterfly War and explained how to take down former CEO and HNIC of Google, Eric Schmidt, by exposing their usage of cyber phrenology
- Oct 31st, 2017: 8chan made Jewdar shortly after, a tool used to scan faces to figure out who and who was not Jewish. This effort proved cyber phrenology was very possible with off-the-shelf facial recognition technology.
- Dec 11th, 2017: Chamath Palihapitiya, Facebook’s former vice president, admitted that “The short-term dopamine-driven feedback loops that we have created are destroying how society works.”
- Dec 14th, 2017: CultState's ideas showed up on r/The_Donald and received 1.1k upvotes. The post explained how to exposed Silicon Valley's cyber phrenology usage to turn California red
- Dec 17th, 2017: Eric Schmidt, former CEO of Google and executive director of Alphabet's board, steps down for mysterious reasons.
- Dec 25th, 2017, CultState's WordPress account is compromised. This account detailed Silicon Valley's ability to engage in colludsion and intimidatation against political targets. I suspected this new round of collusion was retaliatory and had finally involved WordPress as well. I raise the alarm that WordPress's silence on Guccifer2.0 is suspicious since they are holding his metadata.
- Dec 27th, 2017: Yair Rosenberg put out a NY Times piece of him gloating about using very bad cyber phrenology and Twitter bans the bot soon after. CultState had already reached out to Gizmodo months ago to poison that well so others couldn't get a foothold on the cyber phrenology narrative.
- Dec 31st, 2017: CultState engaged with 8chan in a post has been alive for almost four months, explaining the complex origins and motivations behind the Butterfly War. A post lasting that long is extremely rare in Chan history.
- Jan 6th, 2018 NPM, founded by Isaac Z. Schlueter lost track of a few dozen packages for 30 minutes due to overzealous security protocols.
- Jan 9th, 2018: Senator Diane Feinstein leaks the Fusion GPS transcripts to counter President Trump's assertion of fabrication, Fusion GPS and Crowdstrike are hired by Perkins Coie, and Crowdstrike asserts that Guccifer 2.0 is a Russian hacker that hacked the DNC.
- Jan 10th, 2018: Project Veritas reveals a video showing how Silicon Valley employees willfully collude to suppress political opinions they don't like.
- Mar 13th, 2018: Brennan Gilmore, the State Department employee at Charlottesville, the event that CultState predicted, launched a civil suit against sites who cited suspicion about his involvement in the matter
- Mar 15th, 2018: 4chan received a leak from a Google employee and it detailed their usage of bots to fabricate political consensus and trick politicians and market traders.
- Mar 16th, 2018: The Facebook and Cambridge Analytica scandal blew wide open and Facebook suspended SCL
- Mar 22nd, 2018: Mueller pivoted to get a foothold on the Guccifer 2.0 narrative in anticipation of disgruntled Silicon Valley employees leaking data. While Facebook most likely has little on G2.0, those top-level social media tech employees all know each other and have spent the last ten years using their unofficial back channels, administrative permissions, and bribes to punish political opponents with total impunity. What happened to me in 2012 is proof that such back channels exist in Silicon Valley.
- Mar 23rd, 2018: Facebook gave poor damage control, but quickly demonstrated its concerns about employees leaking important data. (These were key goals of the Butterfly War)
- Apr 4th, 2018: Google employees protested the Maven project, a effort between the Department of Defense and Google to make autonomous drones.
- Mar 25th, 2018 I made an unpredictable move and released a hip-hop song that contained clues about the Silicon Valley actors who went after me.
When I initially chronicled these events, I had done so via an impromptu AMA on 8chan that has been active for almost four months. The community's response yielded an extremely unexpected outcome. The curiosity, interplay, and revelations were genuine enough to make me start organizing my efforts in a more formal and accessible way. Ever since I started The Abusive Oracle, I've left hidden and complicated clues everywhere to protect myself and to send signals to certain types of personalities. After everything that has been going on, I believe the world just might finally be ready to tackle the problem of the new emotion and what it means for national security, domestic affairs, economic arrangements, and human destiny.
If all goes as planed, next week will bring this act of the story to an end. To verify my involvement in that upcoming event, this SHA-512 was generated based on a sentence involving the names and actions of the event that will take place. I injected a newline after every 32 characters to improve readability on mobile devices:
By Friday of next week, I will release the sentence used to generate the hash above. I used the following command on a Debian-flavor of Linux:
echo "<my hidden message to reveal next friday" | sha512sum
UPDATE: I had begun writing this on January 10th, 2018 and the date was incorrectly published. I've since updated the date and URL to reflect the date the article was actually released. (Thanks @eli_schiff)